Thursday 2 January 2014

2014; looking forward & looking back.

I had the amazing luck in 2013 to test out some fantastic skincare & cosmetics. I'm nobody special but I do sign myself up for competitions & trials wherever I can & 2013 was the year the plan came together! Some of the things I've tried remain a mystery to me (ClixResearch tend to use non-branded packaging for their trials) & I've been sworn to secrecy about others (The Beauty Bible for their new edition), but there's still lots to tell you about.

2013 was also about HAIR for me too. My hair is currently longer than it's been in decades plus it's two-toned which lends itself to being played around with a bit more than usual. It also means that it's a lot more damaged than usual so I've been on a crusade for The Right Shampoo & Conditioner. Yes, that IS as difficult as The Right Shade Of Red Lipstick!

I'm hoping to make some Youtube Videos to show some of my favourite things as well as using a fab little video tool called Screencast-O-Matic to share some product reviews whilst simultaneously showing you what I'm talking about online. To show you what that looks like, here's a rough, ready & a bit amateur review I did of the Foreo Luna Mini ultrasonic facial cleansing tool which I tried out for BzzAgent;
Tru's Review

So, if you're a lady of a certain age who doesn't necessarily want to look like Rhianna or Beyonce on your trip to Tesco, but who DOES want to know about skincare & cosmetics which actually work, stick around! If you want to know how to be more Smoky Eyes than Panda Eyes, bear with me! And if you want to just be more relaxed about your wrinkly, crinkly laughter lines, uneven pigmentation, stubby nails & split ends, join the club! We can all be fabulous over 40.



Starting the year as I mean to go on; delusions of 30 years ago...

  ttfn
x

No comments:

Post a Comment